Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, rinsed, peeled, and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, rinsed and diced
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 6 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 1 large can of low sodium tomato puree
- 2 cups of water
Season it up:
- A packet of taco seasoning. I recommend the Trader Joes taco seasoning since it is free of gluten and harmful chemicals.
- If you don’t have a packet of taco seasoning, then add cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and chili powder.
Be sure to line your crockpot or coat it with a non-stick spray. Cook all the ingredients on low for 6-8 hours. The tortillas will melt into the soup. If you like a thicker soup, then use more tortillas. Shred the chicken before serving. Garnish with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, diced jalapeño, hot sauce, and sour cream. Heck, you can even serve a few quesadillas on the side for dipping.