Apple, Carrot, Cabbage Juice

Cabbage, Carrot, Apple Juice

At the start of the weekend, I rely on my juicer to load up on fruits and vegetables. It’s my nutrition ammunition, just in case my alter ego takes over- the one that likes to indulge in french fries and dessert. My best girlfriend has a motto to justify any bowl of ice cream or slice of sweet cake. It makes me laugh, but its so true- “What if I die tonight without eating that sweet?!”  After all, we only live once, so why not treat ourselves?

I like to think that if I follow an 80% healthy diet, the other 20% can be left for those so good foods that are anything but so good for your body. Since I maintain a healthy body weight and my doctor is happy with all of my numbers (blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.), I think my 80/20 diet is going alright.

This juice has 3 simple ingredients- carrots, apples, and cabbage.  For today’s batch, I used up some organic baby carrots I found in the fridge, a couple of locally grown Gala apples, and a third of a gorgeously gardened green cabbage.  The juice turned out sweet and frothy, providing my body with plenty fiber, Vitamins A, C, E, and B, and antioxidants.

Cabbage, Carrot, Apple JuiceMore Juice Recipes & Helpful Links:

Fantastic Friday Juice to Kick-Off Your Kid’s Weekend

Sunday Morning Beets

Carrot Juice Benefits

15 Health Benefits of Eating Apples

Cabbage Juice